WHO WILL BE THIS YEARâ€™S MR. OCTOBER?
In the sports world, the month of October means playoff baseball. With that in mind, here is the official SPINW book review on The Yankee Years by Joe Torre & Tom Verducci.
COACHES read up:
â€œThe New York Daily News welcomed the hiring of Torre with a huge headline that said, CLUELESS JOEâ€. Pg. 4
- Learn how Yankee Manager Joe Torre went from loser to legend.
PLAYERS read up:
â€œYeah, you have to be talented in order to win, but you have to have the right mindset. The right frame of mindâ€ â€“Derek Jeter
- Learn how the all-time Yankee great, Jeter, approaches the mental game.
- Think you are in a playing slump? Jeter endured a 0-for-32 slump, the longest hitless streak by a Yankee in 27 years.
- Learn how Yankee players overcome physical and mental hurdles.
TEAMS read up:
â€œYou could cut the clubhouse tension with a knife.â€ Pg. 412
- Learn how the various Yankee teams have addressed the following issues: team dynamics, star power, media relationships, controversy, scandal, and contract negotiations.
Ruth, DiMaggio, Yogi, Jeter, Mariano. All share in the history of the most successful all-time American team. Get this book on your nightstand, then call SPINW to get to where you want to be.